Deprivation of Liberties Safeguards (DoLS) AKA Liberty Protection Safeguards (LPS) are very important and this online interactive course can help you understand the meaning of them.
This course is aimed at adults and discusses issues relating to Liberty Protection Safeguards. Also, it will provide a practical understanding of the processes required for authorisation and will explore the practice and ethical issues around LPS on how to assess and advocate for those that it relates to.
Our course includes:
• A working knowledge of the Mental Capacity Act, LPS processes and the subsequent implications on an individual’s human rights
• Discussing the roles and responsibilities within LPS processes
• Understanding the six assessments required for a standard authorisation
• The role of a ‘relevant person representative’ and ‘best interests assessor’
• Knowledge around the ‘acid test’
• Being able to apply their knowledge to practice issues
Furthermore, understanding of what changes have been made to the DoLS legislation and the impact on organisations, including the transition into the new framework are included.
Moreover, a safeguarding lead who has experience in DoLS for children created this course. Also, this course is CPD accredited by a team of safeguarding experts.
Pass Completion: 70%
Take a look at the pricing of our packages that we offer here.