Deprivation of Liberties Safeguards (DoLS) and Liberty Protection Safeguards (LPS) are very important and this interactive CPD course can help you understand the meaning of them.
This course is aimed at adults and discusses issues relating to Liberty Protection Safeguards.
The course will provide a practical understanding of the processes required for authorisation and will explore the practice and ethical issues around Liberty Protection Safeguards on how to assess and advocate for those that it relates to.
Our course includes:
• A working knowledge of the Mental Capacity Act, Liberty Protection Safeguards processes and the subsequent implications on an individual’s human rights
• Discussing the roles and responsibilities within Liberty Protection Safeguards processes
• Understanding the six assessments required for a standard authorisation
• The role of a ‘relevant person representative’ and ‘best interests assessor’
• Knowledge around the ‘acid test’
• Being able to apply their knowledge to practice issues
• understanding of what changes have been made to the Deprivation of Liberties Safeguards
• legislation and the impact on organisations
• including the transition into the new framework are included
A safeguarding lead who has experience in Deprivation of Liberties Safeguards for children created this course.
Pass Completion: 70%
Take a look at the pricing of our packages that we offer here.