This is an online interactive safeguarding training course with voiceover for anyone working directly with children and young people. Furthermore, this course provides information on how to manage serious emotional situations with young people and how to implement a supportive environment in your organisation.
Therefore this course covers:
- Understanding the intentions and/or functions of self-harm and suicidal ideas in children
- Ways of responding to extreme emotional distress at the moment
- Risk assessment and safety planning
- How to have difficult conversations with parents/carers after their child has presented with extreme distress
- Preventative approaches to self-harm/building a supportive sport environment
Also, a safeguarding lead and pastoral manager who works directly with children with complex needs has created this course. In addition to this, the course is CPD accredited by a team of safeguarding experts.
Pass Completion: 70%
Take a look at the pricing of our packages that we offer here.