This Understanding Emotional Distress course is an important CPD training course for any individual that deals with and works directly with children and young people.
This course provides information on how to manage serious emotional situations with young people and how to implement a supportive environment in your organisation.
This course covers:
• Understanding the intentions and/or functions of self-harm and suicidal ideas in children
• Ways of responding to extreme emotional distress at the moment
• Risk assessment and safety planning
• How to have difficult conversations with parents/carers after their child has presented with extreme distress
• Preventative approaches to self-harm/building a supportive sport environment
A safeguarding lead and pastoral manager who works directly with children with complex needs has created this course.
The course helps you start to organise yourself and your organisation regarding raising awareness and information of complex needs, distress, suicide, whilst incorporating them into your policies and procedures safely and supportively.
In addition to this, the course is CPD accredited by a team of safeguarding experts.
Pass Completion: 70%
Take a look at the pricing of our packages that we offer here.