This course has been developed for learners who are engaging with children and young people who may be at risk of self-harm
- To understand the intentions and/or functions of self-harm and suicidal ideas in children
- Ways of responding to extreme emotional distress in the moment
- Risk assessment and safety planning
- How to have difficult conversations with parents/carers after their child has presented with extreme distress
- Preventative approaches to self-harm/building a supportive sport environment
Understanding and responding to emotional distress and self-harm in children and young people. Please click here for the course!